GREATER CAPITAL DISTRICT
INCLUDING NEW YORK NORTH
DISTRICTS 7, 8, 22, and 24
(Albany, Columbia, Green,
Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga,
Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington Counties)
AL-ANON IS A 12 STEP SUPPORT GROUP FOR THE
FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF ALCOHOLICS
Al-Anon is for anyone who has been affected by
alcoholism. If you are concerned about someone else's drinking,
the Al-Anon program can offer help. Al-Anon began over 50 years
ago as "family groups", attended by the families of alcoholics
who found sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous. Today,
Al-Anon/Alateen members are finding serenity and help in our
program, whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not.
Recovery in Al-Anon is based on the Twelve Steps (adapted from
Al-Anon or Alateen is for you?
We encourage you to take a brief self-quiz
to help you decide. If you agree with some of the
sentiments, we encourage you to give Al-Anon or Alateen a
|Al-Anon Is Not:
- A fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics
who believe their lives have been affected by someone
- Allied with any sect, denomination, political entity,
organization, or institution.
- A spiritual program compatible with all religious
beliefs, or none.
- Involved in any outside issues--it neither endorses
nor opposes any cause.
- Based on the Twelve Steps adapted from Alcoholics
- Affiliated with AA, though the two fellowships
cooperate with one another.
- A nonprofessional fellowship where members share their
experience, strength, and hope with each other to solve
their common problems.
- A religious organization, treatment center, counseling
agency, or teaching program.
- A program that protects the anonymity of all Al-Anon,
Alateen, and AA members.
- Intended for families of drug abusers or individuals
with other difficulties unless there is a problem of
alcoholism as well.
Al-Anon Family Groups
PO BOX 14313
Albany, NY 12212-4313
Answering Service (Districts 7, 8, and 24): 518-292-0577
Answering Service (District 22 only): 518-744-9231
General Information: email@example.com
Alateen Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
To order literature in the District 8 area: email@example.com
Counties Served by Each District:
Updated January 2016
This site does not retain screen names or
other personal information